Erica Smith, Au.D., F.A.A.A.
Leavenworth: Monday - Friday
For Erica Smith, Au.D., F.A.A.A., an audiologist with Associated Audiologists, Inc., helping her patients hear their best, really is “the best.”
“Many times, patients don’t realize the conversations and sounds they have been missing,” Dr. Smith says. “When I fit someone with a pair of hearing aids, their face just lights up. It’s an ‘ah-ha’ moment that is so exciting. It’s the best thing in the world.”
Dr. Smith enjoys practicing at Associated Audiologists’ Leavenworth office, where she uses her expertise to help patients improve their ability to communicate.
“Communication is a vital component in developing and sustaining meaningful relationships,” she says. “By helping my patients hear better, they can continue to share in quality experiences with family and friends.”
Her educational and professional associations include:
- Doctor of Audiology, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Recipient, Larry E. Marston Outstanding Audiology Undergraduate Student Clinician Award, University of Kansas
- Fellow, American Academy of Audiology
- Certified Member, American Speech Language-Hearing Association
- Member, Kansas Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Member, Kansas Hearing Society
- Member, Lions Club of Leavenworth
- Recipient, 2011 Hearing Professional of the Year, Midwest Region
Originally from Rice Lake, Wisconsin, Dr. Smith and her family moved to Prairie Village when she was five years old. After pursuing her undergraduate degree at the University of Kansas, she completed her doctorate in Wisconsin. Dr. Smith returned to the Kansas City area for her fourth year clinical externship with Associated Audiologists and has decided to make the Kansas City area her home. She enjoys spending time with her horse, Grace, and riding in equestrian competitions.
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Smith, call Associated Audiologists’ Leavenworth office, 913-682-1870.