Associated Audiologists is participating in the Jackson County Health Department business attestation program, which certifies that our Eastern Jackson County Clinic is complying with all infection prevention guidelines to keep our patients and staff safe.
A Special Message to Our Valued Patients and Families during the COVID-19 Pandemic
All Associated Audiologists, Inc., clinic locations are open and operating.
The mission of Associated Audiologists, Inc., is to change lives through comprehensive audiology care. This serves to guide us as we constantly focus on important priorities for those we have the pleasure of helping. During this time of concern with the COVID-19 pandemic, our primary objective is the well-being and health of our patients and employees. Because of this, we want to provide you with some critical information.
We are taking extra precautions as we follow best practices and recommendations for infection prevention and control at all clinics. We are asking any employees with known illness or possible exposure to refrain from coming to work, and likewise, would respectfully request that you contact us to reschedule an appointment if you are ill, experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or feel that you have been exposed. While we are diligent in our efforts to protect everyone, we plan to be here, continuing to provide the outstanding audiology services and care you’ve come to expect.
If you need assistance and are concerned about unnecessary public exposure, we would like to remind you of several options that are available and to offer flexibility when possible. In addition, we are adopting several temporary policies in light of the serious situation facing us in an effort to control the spread of COVID-19.
- We continue to offer urgent ear services in our clinics. Please call your nearest clinic if you need assistance, including new curbside or after hours drop-off services for hearing aid problems, repairs, or service. If your devices are out of warranty, normal service fees apply.
- If you are in need of support from one of our staff or your audiologist, we are happy to coordinate complimentary phone or email consultations which could provide valuable assistance, troubleshooting, or advice. Please feel free to consider this as a second-best option if you are concerned about being out in public. When you call, please let one of our administrative staff know your preference and specific need, and we’d be happy to coordinate a convenient time to return your call or to initiate an email.
- We are making every effort to regularly clean and disinfect our clinics for everyone’s safety. To follow social distancing guidelines, we have limited access to our clinic reception and front desk areas.
- To comply with CDC recommendations, we are utilizing a patient/guest health screening, temperature checks, and are requesting that patients and their guests wear a face mask or cloth face covering.
- We love being hospitable; however, we will temporarily refrain from offering coffee, tea, and water and will remove any reading materials from our clinics to minimize surface exposures. In addition, our normal greetings will no longer involve handshakes, but you can still expect our warm smiles, even underneath our masks.
- Many of our vendors, manufacturers, and partners have special services including direct mail of repairs when available. Many are also offering special customer support hot lines and online video tutorials. Please contact us to learn more about how we can help.
- In very special circumstances, we are aware that your hearing and communication are even more critical during times of restricted contact with others. If you are experiencing particular concerns that require flexibility, please make sure to ask so we can consider the best way to assist if possible.
- Many of the long-standing retirement communities and outreach healthcare facilities have placed restrictions on outside health services. Associated Audiologists, Inc., is communicating with each of our partners on a regular basis to follow recommendations based upon federal, state, and local recommendations for provision of audiology services. Since providing services away from our clinics puts our staff and our patients at additional risk and because infection prevention and control becomes more complex, we are respecting the recommendations posed by each of these facilities. We appreciate your understanding as we navigate these complexities. Please feel free to contact your nearest clinic or audiologist with specific questions or how we might help.
We are grateful for the important relationships we have made over our 35 years providing audiology care for our patients and communities, and we are making every effort to help during this challenging time. On behalf of our entire staff, we wish you safety, good health, and best regards as we navigate new territory.
Thank you for your flexibility and your business.
Tim Steele, Ph.D., CCC-A
President and CEO, Associated Audiologists, Inc.