A Special Message to Our Valued Patients and Families about COVID-19
The mission of Associated Audiologists, Inc., is to change lives through comprehensive audiology care. This serves us well as we constantly focus on important priorities for those we have the pleasure of helping. During this time of heightened awareness and concern with the COVID-19 pandemic, our primary objective is the well-being and health of our patients and employees. Because of this, we want to provide you with some critical information.
All Associated Audiologists, Inc., clinic locations are open and operating under our regular business hours. We are taking extra precautions as we follow best practices and recommendations for infection control at all clinics.
We are asking any employees with known illness or possible exposure to refrain from coming to work, and likewise, would respectfully request that you contact us to reschedule an appointment if you are ill, experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or feel that you have been exposed. While we are diligent in our efforts to protect everyone, we plan to be here, continuing to provide the outstanding audiology services and care you’ve come to expect.
If you need assistance and are concerned about unnecessary public exposure, we would like to remind you of several options that are available and to offer flexibility when possible. In addition, we are adopting several short-term policies in light of the serious situation facing us in an effort to stop the spread of COVID-19.
- We will continue to offer urgent ear services in our clinics. Please call your nearest clinic if you would like to drop off hearing aids for service or wait in our reception areas while your devices are serviced. We are making every effort to regularly clean and disinfect our reception, patient, and employee areas. If your devices are out of warranty, normal service fees apply.
- We love being hospitable, however, we will temporarily refrain from offering coffee, tea, and water and will remove any reading materials from our reception areas to minimize surface exposures. In addition, our normal greetings will no longer involve handshakes, but you can still expect our warm smiles.
- If you are in need of support from one of our staff or your audiologist, we are happy to coordinate complimentary phone or email consultations which could provide valuable assistance, troubleshooting, or advice. Please feel free to consider this as a second-best option if you are concerned about being out in public. When you call, please let one of our administrative staff know your preference and specific need, and we’d be happy to coordinate a convenient time to return your call or to initiate an email.
- In very special circumstances, we are aware that your hearing and communication are critical even during times of restricted contact with others. If you are experiencing particular concerns that require flexibility, please make sure to ask so we can consider the best way to assist if possible.
- Associated Audiologists, Inc., will refrain from any outreach services or home visits for the next 30 days unless otherwise noted. Many of the long-standing retirement communities and outreach healthcare facilities have already placed restrictions on outside services. Since providing services away from our clinics puts our staff and our patients at additional risk, and because infection control becomes more complex, we have made the difficult decision to temporarily postpone these services. We will remain in communication with our partner facilities. Please feel free to contact your nearest clinic or audiologist with specific questions or concerns.
We are grateful for the important relationships we have made over our 35 years providing audiology care for our patients and communities, and we are making every effort to help during this challenging time. On behalf of our entire staff, we wish you safety, good health, and best regards as we work through the coming days and weeks. Thank you for your business.
Tim Steele, Ph.D., CCC-A
President and CEO, Associated Audiologists, Inc.