Audiologists and Hearing Aids in Leavenworth, KS
Associated Audiologists, Inc., is the Leavenworth, KS, area’s leader in audiological care for hearing, hearing aids, tinnitus and balance disorders. Owned and operated by Timothy C. Steele, Ph.D., President and CEO, the practice was established in 1985.
Today, it has grown to include the largest team of doctoral-level audiologists in the Midwest with eight locations to serve you including: Leavenworth, Lawrence, Manhattan, Overland Park, Prairie Village, and Shawnee Mission in Kansas; and Independence and the Northland in Missouri. Associated Audiologists has allied health staff privileges at AdventHealth (formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center), and Saint Luke’s South, North, and East Hospitals.
Hearing aids in Leavenworth, KS, made easy with Associated Audiologists
The Associated Audiologists team features professionals who use advanced diagnostic and verification equipment to diagnose and treat hearing loss. The Leavenworth County practice offers prescription and over-the-counter hearing aid products from the world’s most respected manufacturers, including all styles, models, and levels for any budget.
We provide a comprehensive program for patients suffering with dizziness and/or imbalance disorders, using state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment and treatment techniques to provide top-quality care. Associated Audiologists also provides evaluation and management of tinnitus (ringing in the ears), offering some of the area’s only FDA-approved treatments.
Our audiologists are leaders in local, regional and national professional audiology associations and serve as ad hoc graduate faculty with the University of Kansas-Medical Center.
Special hearing services offered at this clinic
- Cerumen/wax removal. One of our Leavenworth audiologists can inspect your ear canals and if necessary, may either remove the earwax by washing it out, or by manually removing it using suction or special miniature instruments under lighted magnification.
- Hearing aids and accessories from the world’s leading manufacturers. These include hearing aids from Widex, Phonak, ReSound, Starkey, Unitron, Signia and Oticon. Each brand of hearing aid comes in a wide variety of styles, including behind-the-ear open fit, behind-the-ear, receiver-in-canal, in-the-ear, invisible-in-canal and completely-in-canal hearing aids.
- Hearing aid repairs including all major hearing aid manufacturers and all-make repairs for Costco hearing aids. Because we know that you depend on your hearing aids, we offer same-day repairs in our Urgent Ear Clinic. We also provide curbside care and an after-hours drop box for your convenience. If one of our Leavenworth audiologists has to send your device for service, we may be able to offer you a loaner hearing aid. For more information, call the Leavenworth Clinic at 913-682-1870.
- Custom hearing protection from Westone is available for hunters, swimmers, musicians, motorsports and sleep from our Leavenworth Clinic. These devices help protect your hearing from loud noises and preserve your hearing.
- Custom ear impressions are available from one of our Leavenworth audiologists. These ear impressions can be used to order custom hearing protection and other hearing devices.
Dr. Moderson was knowledgeable and friendly. My visit exceeded my expectations. I would recommend them to anyone seeking hearing help.
– Jim Hassell
We had a great experience! Dr. Moderson was wonderful! He looks forward to his follow-up appointment that is already scheduled for next year.
– Cherokee Gruman
Everyone was very helpful and attentive. Dr. Paul was friendly and attentive to my hearing needs. Great atmosphere.
– Sharon Saim
Dr. Paul was very thorough in my exam and listened to everything I wanted in a hearing aid. I have worn hearing aids for 16 years and had a lot of preferences as far as the features of my aids. Dr. Paul took that into consideration when choosing the best aid for me. I have recommended this office to family and friends.
Dr. Paul is fantastic. He anticipates my questions; he takes time to explain everything; he is totally on top of the technology and he is a pleasant caregiver. I have already recommended him.
– Helen M.
Bailey is very attentive and makes notes/researches any issues she doesn’t have access/answers for. She is perfect for this job.
I am very satisfied with the Leavenworth office and each of the audiologists I have seen since 2012. I have purchased two pair of Widex hearing aids; first in 2012 and second in 2020 and am very satisfied with both pairs and the service I have received.
Being an old codger, Dr. Moderson was just what I needed. She spoke distinctly, understood my questions and she thoroughly explained the answers. She has an excellent “bedside” manner! Knows what she is doing!
Dr. Moderson has gone above and beyond to help make sure my new hearing aids are comfortable. She is so easy to talk to and work with.
From the South (Lansing): Take K-7 north into Leavenworth. Take Spruce Street west off of K-7/North 4th Street. In approximately 1/2 mile, turn left onto 6th Avenue. Pass the Leavenworth Small Business Center on the right and proceed to the Cushing Medical Plaza building on the left. Park in front of the main entrance of the building to access Suite 105.
From the Northeast (Platte City): Take SR-92 west, entering Kansas. Turn left onto U.S. 73 (which becomes 4th Street/K-7), and travel 1.3 miles. Go right on Spruce Street, then in approximately 1/2 mile, turn left onto 6th Avenue. Pass the Leavenworth Small Business Center on the right and proceed to the Cushing Medical Plaza building on the left. Park in front of the main entrance of the building to access Suite 105.
We are contracted with most insurance providers. Our state-of-the-art Leavenworth hearing clinic is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and is located at: