Three important values I learned from my parents are to work hard, be honest, and do what you say you are going to do. These values are critical for Associated Audiologists, Inc. and serve as the foundation for our company. I believe that relationships matter. If our relationships with patients aren’t built on trust, honesty, respect, and professionalism, then we have nothing to stand on.
I realize the world can be a complex place and it seems to be getting harder to find the truth. At every turn, there seem to be misleading advertisements, false information on the internet, and “wolves in sheep’s clothing” looking for a fast buck. However, there are still good, hard-working, truthful, reliable people and organizations that are genuine in their desire to help others. Here are some strategies I use to make solid decisions, even in today’s complicated environment:
1. Listen to word-of-mouth referrals from trusted family, friends, and advisors. In 2017, 72% of new patients at Associated Audiologists came to us via friends and family or a physician referral.
2. Look for positive reviews online or call reliable references. Associated Audiologists has over 150 positive reviews online. You can leave a review or see some of our reviews on our website at “Real Patient Reviews.”
3. Consider available research/literature/reports. Many people ask us about the benefits of amplification or the risks of untreated hearing loss. There is strong and substantial research available on these and many other topics.
4. Understand your options. When it comes to your healthcare, there are always options. Associated Audiologists works hard to provide our patients with a variety of options, including different technology levels and/or manufacturers when appropriate.
5. Consider the business history and longevity. Associated Audiologists is locally owned, operated, and staffed. We were established in 1985. If you are reading this article, I hope you became acquainted with Associated Audiologists through a dependable family member, friend, physician, or referral. We take pride in doing our best to treat each patient individually.
If you would like to “hear” directly from our patients, visit our patient stories and reviews on our website.