With the largest team of doctoral-level audiologists in the Midwest and seven locations to serve you, Associated Audiologists is the area’s leader in caring for your hearing, and so much more!
What makes Associated Audiologists different? Unlike many area practices, we’re not focused on selling you hearing aids. We’re focused on taking care of you and your hearing, whether than means helping diagnose a problem with dizziness/balance, tinnitus/sound sensitivity, or referring you to a subspecialist for treatment (otologist or neurotologist).
Our audiologists are Fellows of the American Academy of Audiology, are certified by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association and uphold a professional code ethics. The Associated Audiologists team also serves as ad hoc graduate faculty with the University of Kansas-Medical Center, helping to teach the next generation of audiologists.
Dizziness and Balance Diagnoses and Treatment
Dizziness and balance problems can be caused by numerous things, the ear being one of them. Our dizziness and balance specialist Danielle Dorner, Au.D., FAAA, uses state-of-the-art technology not available at other private clinics in the area to diagnose and treat conditions such as vertigo, feeling off-balance, dizziness, and lightheadedness.
Tinnitus and Sound Sensitivity Specialists
Susan Smittkamp, Au.D., Ph.D., FAAA, tinnitus and sound sensitivity specialist, uses the most sophisticated technology available in the greater Kansas City area to diagnose and help patients manage their tinnitus. For those with severe tinnitus, Associated Audiologists offers recently approved FDA treatments.
Hearing Protection Customized for You and Your Lifestyle
Stacey Baldwin, Au.D., FAAA, clinical systems manager, and the entire Associated Audiologists team, are committed to helping you protect and preserve your hearing. We offer custom hearing protection for hunters, musicians, swimmers, motorsports and sleep plugs. These affordable hearing protection devices are made to fit your ears, requiring a personal consultation and custom ear impressions.
Our audiologists also:
- Perform cerumen/wax removal.
- Recommend and provide assistive listening devices (products to enhance telephone conversations, television viewing, etc.).
- Deliver counseling and aural rehabilitation (counseling, education, auditory training/exercises).
- Make medical referrals to a physician when appropriate for issues such as ear pain, drainage from the ear, sudden hearing loss, cochlear implantation, etc.
- Service and repair many makes and models of hearing aids, including Widex, Phonak, ReSound, Starkey, Oticon, Westone and Costco.
- Provide loaner hearing aids for our patients when devices must be sent for manufacturer repairs.
- Provide free estimates and confirm insurance benefits/coverage.
Each of our seven clinics is located on or near a well-respected area hospital campus, and our offices are professionally furnished and equipped with the latest technology.
Bottom line, no matter what your concern, if it involves your ears, our professional audiologists can take care of you.
Download our free e-book on Tips for Choosing an Audiologist.
Call 1-855-547-8745 or schedule an appointment with one of our doctoral-level audiologists today.